SUPERMAN 128, April 1959, was published around February 5, 1959. It contained 32 pages for the cover price of a dime. Mort Weisinger was the editor, and the cover was pencilled by Curt Swan and inked by Stan Kaye. The stories in this issue were each 9 pages long,and were reprinted in SUPERMAN: THE MAN OF TOMORROW ARCHIVES vol. II and SHOWCASE PRESENTS: SUPERMAN vol. I.
- SUPERMAN VS. THE FUTUREMEN, parts I & II and were written by Bill Finger, pencilled by Wayne Boring and inked by Stan Kaye.
- THE SLEEPING BEAUTY FROM KRYPTON was written by Bill finger and drawn by Kurt Schaffenberger.
- The METROPOLIS MAILBAG letters page and a special DC Comics house ad about a new character that would appear soon in ACTION COMICS!
ACTION COMICS 251, April 1959, was published around February 26, 1959. It contained 32 pages for the cover price of 10¢.
The Superman story was titled, THE OLDEST MAN IN METROPOLIS. The 13 page story was written by Robert Bernstein and drawn by Al Plastino.
- Congo Bill made his fourth appearance as Congorilla in the 6 page story, CONGORILLA OUTLAW, drawn by Howard Sherman.
- Tommy Tomorrow starred in the final story of the issue, THE GIANT AMOEBA OF SPACE. This 7 page story was written by Otto Binder and drawn by Jim Mooney.
- The METROPOLIS MAILBAG, which had a special announcement about changes in the story lineup for future issues of ACTION COMICS!
Elsewhere in DC Comics, 32 titles carried the April, or April/May 1959 cover date.
Next episode: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOKS COVER DATED MARCH OR MARCH/APRIL 1956: SUPERMAN'S PAL JIMMY OLSEN #11 & WORLD'S FINEST COMICS #81!
In 2 weeks: SUPERMAN COMIC BOOKS COVER DATED MAY 1959: SUPERMAN #129 & ACTION COMICS #252!
You can join the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST and MY PULL LIST groups or pages on facebook, and follow both the podcast and blog on twitter @supermanpodcast.
SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is a proud member of the following:
- The LEAGUE OF COMIC BOOK PODCASTERS at http://www.comicbooknoise.com/league ,
The COMICS PODCAST NETWORK! - http://www.comicspodcasts.com/,
- The SUPERMAN WEBRING of websites, and
- The SUPERMAN PODCAST NETWORK at http://www.supermanpodcastnetwork.com/ !
SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is at http://thesupermanfanpodcast.blogspot.com/ . Send e-mail about this podcast to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The theme of this podcast is PLANS IN MOTION, composed by Kevin MacLeod, and part of the royalty free music library at http://incompetech.com.
MY PULL LIST is my spoiler free comic book review blog of the titles I read every week. It can be found at http://mypulllist.blogspot.com/. Send e-mail about this blog to email@example.com.
Superman and all related characters are trademark and copyright DC Comics. Any art shown on this podcast is for entertainment purposes only, and not for profit.
Thanks for listening to the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST and, as always, thanks to Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster.